Welcome to my crazy life as Kade's Momma!

Milestones & notes on mommyhood, adventures in the life of a military family, crafts, life in general.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July so far...

It's hot and I'm tired.  

that about sums it up, no energy to do anything because I feel like I live inside a hair dryer.  Kade is potty training, so there's been much steam cleaning and vinegaring of the house.  He's decided that everything is a sword, and he looooves sword fighting and faking dramatic defeats.  He likes it when I fake dying even better :P

Tomatoes are rockin, everything else in the yard is hanging on for dear life until we get some rain.

For the most part just hanging out trying to tie up loose ends around the house before school starts.  I have yet to conquer the notorious baby book.  Still stuck on week 2.  Looks like that will be happening this week!

It's so hard to figure out what I want to put in there. I didn't make it a point to write down certain days or events because he's such a gradual learner and just does everything when he's ready.  
 Also, his baby milestones weren't like phenomenal events for me.  Don't get me wrong, I loved seeing him roll over and walk, but toddlerhood is more on my level.

Like the time he wanted Josh's attention but he was walking away, so instead of "dada" he yelled "JOSH!".

Or when he started saying "Awww shiat".
(I'm not proud of it, but for some reason these are the things I find stuck in my head as moments I'll remember forever)

Maybe I'm not a sentimental person.  Assuming that Josh's proposal came on the phone and went something along the lines of, "hey, sooo, would you like...wanna maybe get married so that way you could come to Alaska with me?"

I'm thinking that wasn't something written by Nicholas Sparks.

So, my kid's baby book might not be something of the marvelous.  I want to finish it so I can start on a toddler book :)


No comments:

Post a Comment